Crystal ♥ RBtWBC's Reviews > Her Forbidden Hero

Her Forbidden Hero by Laura Kaye

Her Forbidden Hero is just another fine example of why you’ll never be disappointed when you pick up a book from Laura Kaye!

Fresh from college Alyssa Scott returns to her hometown full of hopes and dreams but not a lot of money in her pocket. But she has a plan and getting a job at Whiskey’s is just part of it. Marco Vieri bartends at Whiskey’s, her brother’s best friend and the man Alyssa has been in love with for as long as she can remember. She is determined that Marco will see her as the woman she has become and not the sad little girl he once knew. But when he finally does will he do anything about it; because Alyssa’s not the only one who’s changed.
Marco is a former Special Forces Sgt. with the Army but when three of his men were killed in Afghanistan and Marco was permanently injured he returned to his home town. Suffering from PTSD, Marco has many demons to face before he can feel whole again. When Alyssa comes back into his life though all his protective instincts rear up again and along with it, a good dose of attraction. But everyone knows that you don’t mess with your best friend’s little sister. That’s guy code 101. And even if he could, Alyssa is too good for him; he’s broken and she deserves better. Marco never wants her to know the man he has become. But could she be the purpose in life that he has been searching the last year and half for?

Her Forbidden Hero had everything I look for in a book; compelling characters, profound emotions, romance and passion that you'll feel deep in your heart, sizzling love scenes, a plot that hooks from the start with writing that grips, and a story that will stick with you long after you've finished reading. I actually squeezed in a re-read just today because I couldn't stop thinking about these characters; which if you know me and my schedule you’ll know how rare that is! It was immensely easy for me to picture these characters and the world built around them while reading and I absolutely loved everything about this book.

I was consumed by Marco and Alyssa’s story. Alyssa was such a great heroine; she’s been through so much with an abusive childhood and the death of her mother but has persevered through it all and has come out stronger in the end. Independent, determined and possessing a heart of gold; all she wants is Marco’s love and to be there for him like he was there for her Alyssa’s entire childhood. Marco - wow. What can I say about him that would be worthy of such a character. His journey and inner battles really touched my heart. Plus he was such a swoon-worthy main man with his intense blue eyes, ex-military baring, musical talent (Yes ladies, he plays guitar and sings.) and '67 black Mustang. *Fans Self* The sexual tension between these two is delicious and the eventuality leads to a toe-curling firestorm of passion. I laughed, I got teary-eyed, I lusted after. My favorite scene between Marcus and Alyssa has to be the lake scene though, and I won’t tell you how many times I’ve re-read that! ;)

Laura Kaye does an amazing job weaving a story full of emotion and heart into less than 150 pages giving readers a filling and fast paced read. I’ll definitely be recommending Her Forbidden Hero to anyone who will listen and am itching for a story on Brady now, Alyssa’s older brother.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Forbidden Hero.