Gayle Francis Moffet's Reviews > Cable & Deadpool, Volume 7: Separation Anxiety

Cable & Deadpool, Volume 7 by Fabian Nicieza

Jul 03, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, july-2011, comics, series
Read from June 29 to July 01, 2012

Oh, look, Cable & Deadpool got yanked into another X-Men event. Who would have guessed?

Okay, that's out of my system, and I come with good news: While there's an event going on in about half the issues in this volume, it's done much better than it was with the Apocalypse crap in the previous volume. I had to double-check info to make sure I knew which event was going on, but the story itself is strong. Deadpool spends some time running around on his own, and we get to meet Bob (BOB!), and then everything wraps back around to Providence and Cable and how it's time to save the island. What's great about this arc is that it doesn't rely on the tried (very tried) and true run of "outside people are confused by Providence and distrust it. Gasp!" We're almost to the end of the run here, so the Providence storyline is a great deal more final, and Cable and Deadpool get to have a few more panels that showcases the friendship they've built as oddly as they seemed to be matched, and there's a lot of good emotion in the middle of all this that builds up the story around it.

It's well done, the event tie-in doesn't obliterate the rest of the story, and did I mention Bob? I love Bob. Oh, Bob.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cable & Deadpool, Volume 7.