Gayle Francis Moffet's Reviews > Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 4: Bosom Buddies

Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 4 by Fabian Nicieza

Jun 24, 12

bookshelves: 2012, comics, june-2012, series
Read in June, 2012

As with the previous installations, this volume of Cable & Deadpool was a fun read with great character moments. This far into the run, there's not much more to say than that, but I'm glad I get to say it again.

This is also the most throwback-heavy arc of the run so far. Where previous arcs have included some other "notable" 90s characters, this one includes the B.A.D. Girls, three snake-themed fighters in leotards and questionable shoes. They kick ass and take names, but the B.A.D. in "B.A.D. Girls" stands for their snake codename (Black Mamba, Asp, and Diamondback), and I'm pretty sure I died a little inside at the 90s-ness of it.

Still, it's a good story that continues to build on the entire story of the comic as a whole, and it was great to read. Also, don't let the cover of this one fool you: Spidey only shows up in the one-shot after the B.A.D. Girls arc wraps up. Sneaky work, Marvel marketing. Sneaky work.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 4.