Sue's Reviews > Gabriel's Rapture

Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard

Jun 10, 12

Read from June 09 to 10, 2012

I could not put this book down!!!!! Literally!!!! This is a story I would even want my daughter to read when she's in college or at the very end of high school. It is a true romance that I'm proud that I read.

Book 1 was just a prologue. This is where the story happens, where the other shoe drops. For me, Reynard did a wonderful job writing and really developing Julia and Gabriel. It almost feels like "classical" writing; I can't quite describe it. Again the author does not disappoint with the readability of the story while at the same time being intellectual. I miss college philosophy and lit.

I feel so much more emotionally invested in Gabriel and Julia's story. I love that it isn't about the sex and Reynard doesn't use it to solve the couple's problems. Sex is so much more and Gabriel has learned this. I love that! Lack of sex can be so hot and smoldering too. Of course there are still times when you want to smack both Julia and Gabriel as well as hug them.

The only thing that left me wanting was an epilogue. This would of been a nice story to put one in about the prayer that Julia and Gabriel say together. Is it what I think it is and did it come true????? But I guess putting in an epilogue might have cheapened the story. (big sigh)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gabriel's Rapture.