A Beautiful Madness's Reviews > In a Glass Grimmly

In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz

Oct 25, 12

bookshelves: arc, bea-2012
Read from September 17 to 18, 2012

If you’ve read my review of A Tale Dark & Grimm, I got really annoyed by the interruption of the narrator. Here, maybe because I expected it, I actually liked it. This book was just so much fun to read! I liked it better than the first one. This book simply got me hooked form the beginning, and I read it in one sitting, unable to put it down. That’s a lot better than the first book, which I found painful to read. Here, it was just fun and entertaining. What a 180 from the first one.

Maybe it’s because the story ends up being a little more positive, a little less gory. Maybe it’s because I knew what to expect, or maybe I was just in a better mood. This book will please fan of fairy tales, those of us always curious to see where authors will take the stories we grew up with. Some of the stories used here weren’t tales I really knew well, and I liked that about it. It was nice to see these tales being modified; being connected with others to create the crazy story of Jack and Jill.

The humor really worked better for me in this one, or at least for me. It didn’t feel like I was stopping every time I started reading one of the narrator’s interruptions. Instead, it just went with the flow, leaving me wanting more at every pages. This was really one of my Middle Grade love this year, and I’m really wondering if I should reread A Tale Dark & Grimm, to see if my opinion would change now that I know what to expect. Short and sweet people!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In a Glass Grimmly.