Alex 's Reviews > Endgame

Endgame by John Ostrander

Jun 13, 12

bookshelves: graphic-novels, star-wars
Read on June 09, 2012

Ugh. Order 66 and the Jedi purge. Thanks for that Lucas. Revenge of the Sith went from bad to worse and not even Stover's brilliant novelisation could entirely remove the bad taste of it from my mouth. "The Rise of Lord Vader" novel didn't do much to help either.

Well, thanks Ostrander and Quinlan Vos for giving us a readable and entertaining Order 66 story. It's mostly what you'd expect and there are few narrative surprises here, but thanks to the history that we've had with Vos up to this point Ostrander is able to find some fun ways of presenting it and some emotional hooks that I hadn't been expecting.

*spoiler*

I was grateful that Vos survived and that he and his child lived to fight another day, although as yet there have been no more EU stories written about the characters. It shouldn't matter but somehow it seemed right that Vos made it and that he's swanning around the Star Wars universe during the Original Trilogy, being awesome. In this volume we also see him further overcome his struggle with the dark side .. a nice way to finish off the whole Clone War saga (although slightly extraneous maybe)

*end of spoilers*

The other stuff collected here is pretty good also, particularly the first two part adventure, featuring another bunch of Jedi escaping the clones in their own manner ... in a story that leading into a separate Graphic Novel follow up series. "Purge" was a little weak, but how cool can you really make "Darth Vader killing a bunch of Jedi?" There's no narrative hook in this 25 page one-shot.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Endgame.