Kelly's Reviews > Body & Soul

251943
Jun 09, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, 2012-favorites, read-in-2012
Read on June 09, 2012

*sniffles* I don't know if I'm ready for this series to be over. I like this world. I like Will. I like Alona. I like Will with Alona. I like the idea of ghost-talkers. I'm going to miss dipping into these books. It's okay. I'll get over it. I'll work through my issues. I'll cry myself to sleep tonight when nobody's looking. DON'T FRET! I'LL BE FINE!

Okay. When last we left our intrepid duo, Alona was stuck tight in Lily's body and Will was without his faithful spirit guide. Or at least his brutally honest, slightly snarky spirit guide. Alona's trying to adjust to living another girl's life but things are tense. She's worried she's going to do or say something that will give her away and turn a slightly bearable situation into an epic mess. Meanwhile, Will is trying to adjust to having the girl he has feelings for in the body of one of his friends who he didn't have feelings for. It's very tangled and complex. I like it.

Alona has come a long way from the school princess in book 1. She sees the way Lily's family loves Lily and she doesn't want to hurt them unnecessarily. She tries to get Will to grab hold of his destiny and not let the ghosts walk all over him. She's pragmatic and blunt but she's not cruel for the sake of being cruel.

I'm sad to see the end of this series but I really like how things turned out. For a series about death and ghosts and consequences, it's surprisingly upbeat and I zipped through each of the books to see how they ended. Farewell, Will and Alona! We'll miss you!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Body & Soul.