Jessica (Step Into Fiction)'s Reviews > Narc

Aug 09, 12

bookshelves: arcs, 3-stars
Read from August 05 to 06, 2012

Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

This book was alright. There wasn't anything exciting about the story but yet I liked the main three characters enough to keep reading. Aaron, Morgan and Skully made a great threesome and each character played well off the others but just the story, there was nothing exciting or unexpected that occured.

Double A, as Skully likes to call him, gets in way over his head. He's forced to be a narc and find out who the top dog is dealing drugs at his school. What he finds out scares him because of how much he cares for Morgan and Skully but he must ultimately make the choice of them or his little sister. Blood ties are stronger than anything else.

Doesn't make things easy though, especially since he's falling hard for Morgan. She's in way too deep, too and all he wants to do is protect her. Sometimes it's just impossible to do that.

Her ex-boyfriend Brent is a big factor in the story and he's one of the biggest a--holes you could come across.

Like I said, the characters themselves weren't bad, at all it's just the story lacked anything really exciting. Nothing to excite you and reel you in, wanting to devour the story. I will have to say, even without the wow factor, this book is a very quick read.

If you're looking for something that's a different type of contemporary with some appealing characters, you should definitely check this out. If you're looking for an amazing contemporary, I do suggest checking elsewhere.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Narc.

08/05/2012
20.0% "It's OK thus far..."
08/06/2012