Elizabeth's Reviews > Monsters of Men

Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Recommended for: love struck girls and boys who can take a shot through the heart
Read from June 09 to 15, 2012

WAR WAR WAR

The finale of this trilogy is not messing around. The final book is a lot about war with a few heart sick moments thrown into the mix. Todd's relationship with the President gets more and more creepy, Viola and her arm band get more and more sick, the Answer gets more and more violent and the Spackle. Oh how the Spackle are treated. War is not pretty and this book, though a YA book, does a good job of keeping things in perspective (so to speak).

No holds barred, just the way I like it. There are enough surprises to keep things fresh and the reader on the toes.

What disappointed me was the long drawn out ending. I felt like it was easily a third longer than it needed to be and it really goes full on in the drama department. By the time I did reach the end, I was not impressed with the choice the author made. It felt syrupy and forced. All it needed was a live orchestra there while I read it to really bring it on home. BLEK.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monsters of Men.