Alyssia's Reviews > A Baby Between Them

A Baby Between Them by Winnie Griggs

Jun 10, 12

Read from June 09 to 10, 2012

Rarely do I feel a dire need to review a book, but this one stands so far out among the same old, same old, ho-hum historical, I just had to put in my two shillings. Heroine Nora Murphy is as refreshing as she is relatable to every woman who feels she’s nothing special, whether by looks or personality. She’s learned to accept her lot in life (really, who hasn’t been there?), but her kind nature and independent spirit attract Sheriff Cameron Long, who’s as strong and deliciously multi-dimensional as heroes come.

What did I love about this book? Other than the simple truth that I could not--could not--put it down, Author Winnie Griggs weaves a spiritual tale that makes historical and Christian fiction fans alike go, “Thank you for not writing yet another drop dead gorgeous heroine with no real problems whatsoever!” Seriously. What a breath of fresh air. Both Nora and Cam have their inner demons, which they must overcome and, of course, do by novel’s end. Add the wonderfully colorful backdrop of Faith Glen, a twist of adventure, a dash of suspense, and you’ve got a solid tale that’ll stay on your Keeper Shelf for years to come.

Well done, Ms. Griggs. Can’t wait for the next release.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Baby Between Them.