Adrienne's Reviews > Defiance

Defiance by Lili St. Crow
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defiance.

Quotes Adrienne Liked

Lili St. Crow
“You know how when you’re reminded of things, and you can’t shut it off quick
enough?" Like, before it slips the knife in and twists? Like that.”

Lilith Saintcrow
“I wondered what I’d end up looking like once I bloomed. I couldn’t even guess. If I had to be stuck in my own skinny, gawky, coltish body forever… well. It probably wouldn’t be so bad.
I wouldn’t mind a little more in the chest, though. But wild horses wouldn’t drag that out of me. Ever.”

Lilith Saintcrow
“Oh, dear me." Nathalie sank back down in the chair and examined her Uggs. "The sarcasm could've started dripping off her and stained the floor. "Is it conspiracy, treachery, murder, or open warfare? I'll have to choose my lipstick accordingly.”

Lili St. Crow
“I hit the dance floor, wincing a little bit as the DJ looped feedback through the throbbing of a useless song about someone playing poker with his face or something.”

Lili St. Crow
“It was like my hormones had decided to stage a revolt whenever he got within a ten-foot radius.”

Lili St. Crow
“Anna never wanted to walk when she could be carried, your mother wanted to walk when she could fly, and you want to run before you can walk.”

Lili St. Crow
“If I need a reason now, Dru, it will have to be you.”

Lilith Saintcrow
“There was a hole inside her, and it twisted.”

Lili St. Crow
“It wasn't exactly dangerous to be out during the day... but the Council, every one of them, up to and including August, would have kittens and penguins and little baby narwhals, too, probably, if they knew what I was up to.”

Lili St. Crow
“People are goddamn geniuses at not seeing what they don't want to see.”