Majibookshelf Juhina & Farah's Reviews > Slide

Slide by Jill Hathaway

As I started reading SLIDE, I never expected to slide into a book full of a surprising and captivating storyline. SLIDE was definitely one of my most anticipated books of 2012, and I was so glad to get my hands on it. Jill Hathaway's writing was fun, and the flow of the book was good. I never felt bored, and always wanted to turn to the next page.
The main protagonist, Sylvia, known as Vee, has a special power. She slides into people when she passes out, and when she does, she see's the world through that person's eyes. One day, Vee slides into a person, and that person was holding a knife, standing over Sophie's dead body. Vee witnesses a murder. While everyone believed it's a suicide, Vee was determined to find out the killer. Vee is definitely one of my favorite protagonists. She's very unique, especially with her pink hair. Vee and her best friend, Rollins have officially occupied a place in my heart. I just love Rollins; He's awesome, and I loved how Jill protrayed their friendship. It felt realistic to me, where they had their fair share of fights and misunderstandings.
I love mystery novels, and one thing I look for in one is for it to surprise me, and SLIDE did a great job at that! I never expected the killer to be who it turned out to be, causing an induced mental slap but at the same time a huge smile on my face with how the book ended. Overall, I really enjoyed reading SLIDE. I especially loved the epilogue, and I just can't wait to get my hands on the next book of the SLIDE series! It is a mystery novel with a touch of paranormal that kept me hooked till the end!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slide.