Rebecca's Reviews > The Liar, The Bitch and the Wardrobe

The Liar, The Bitch and the Wardrobe by Allie Kingsley

Apr 07, 13

Read in May, 2012

The Liar, The Bitch and the Wardrobe fell into my hands and I was immediately excited. I'd read some of Allie Kingsley's musings online, and I knew she just "gets it." The first several chapters made me fall in love with the Lucy character. She was so relatable, and even when she started making bad decisions, you understood why, and you never once felt like she was a bad person. To be swept up in the glamour of Hollywood is, at the very least, a secret dream of every girl (and most boys!), so to be in the middle of it with Lucy felt very real.

In the middle of the book, Lucy meets and befriends a major starlet, and not only does the portrayal of fame shed a light on the underbelly of a life lived in the spotlight, but Lucy learns so much about her own life and the way she portrays herself. I truly learned things that I could easily apply to my own life.

You can easily tell Kingsley writes from a very truthful place, and although I didn't always agree with Lucy's decisions I very much appreciated the honesty of it all. Besides- anyone who leads a perfect, mistake-free life is no one I want to read about.

The trials and tribulations of Lucy get more tense and exciting with every turn of the page, and I found myself unable to put it down at all for the last 100 pages or so. If you are NOT someone who enjoys having fun and living vicariously through a young woman in the apex of her youth, this is probably not for you. If you enjoy light-hearted reads that turn dark every now and again, The Liar, The Bitch and the Wardrobe is a must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Liar, The Bitch and the Wardrobe.