Victor Gentile's Reviews > Waiting for Sunrise

Waiting for Sunrise by Eva Marie Everson

Jun 12, 12

Read in June, 2012

Eva Marie Everson in her new book, “Waiting for Sunrise” Book Two in the Cedar Key series published by Revell gives us a view into the life of Patsy Milstrap and the family vacation at Cedar Key.
From the Back Cover: Sometimes finding your future means making peace with your past

Patsy Milstrap wishes she could leave her past behind. Though she tries to put on a brave front for the sake of her family, the wounds still ache, and the scars on her soul are still deeply felt. At her concerned husband’s gentle insistence, they take a vacation from South Carolina on Cedar Key, an idyllic island on Florida’s Gulf Coast. A week in paradise will do them good, he says.

When a familiar–and most unexpected–face greets her at a seaside restaurant, Patsy knows she can no longer run from the past. But what will opening old wounds mean? And what will the future hold?

I think Eva Marie Everson is incredible. She takes serious topics of abandonment, parental abuse, dysfunctional family and instead of giving us a downer of a story weaves a very interesting tale of forgiveness and restoration. Of course none of that is possible without the intervention of God so it is interesting on how Ms. Everson plays His hand over the lives of those concerned. “Waiting for Sunrise” is a story about letting go of past hurts, making unexpected changes, and believing in new starts. I liked this book and am looking forward to the next in the series.

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours a day non-stop Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

“Available June 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waiting for Sunrise.