James Byrne's Reviews > Danny the Champion of the World

Danny the Champion of the World by Roald Dahl

M_50x66
Jun 09, 12

Danny the champion of the world by Roald Dahl
This is my favourite book from my childhood and upon recent re-reading of the pulsating Roald Dahl book it reminded me why I read it over and over again as a youth. It has all the elements of a classic book for 10-12 year olds, it is in someway realistic, involves a beautiful relationship and has you rooting for the hero all the way through without ever truly being sure the hero will conquer. The story revolves around Danny, the son of a mechanic who also happens to his best friend. Danny seems to have the perfect life. However there is evil at work and Danny unearths his father adventurous plot to stop Victor Hazel from performing a dastardly act. It involves smuggling an extraordinary large amount of pheasants in one night. Can Danny become champion of the worlds and accomplish the outlandish feat? I’ll leave that for you to read and discover! As I have said I am a huge fan of this book and even though it’s been nearly 14 years since I first read it, I enjoyed it just as much as I did all those years ago.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Danny the Champion of the World.