Lauren's Reviews > Blaze of Memory

Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh

Jul 21, 12

bookshelves: amnesia, paranormal-romance, virgin-heroines, tortured-heroes, alaska, assassins, psychics
Read from July 19 to 20, 2012

Blaze of Memory
5 Stars

Synopsis
As the leader of the Forgotten, Devraj Santos will do anything to protect his people from annihilation. When Katya Haas, a possible Psy assassin, is deposited on his doorstep suffering from amnesia, Dev knows he should kill her. As Katya penetrates the coldness within him, Dev finds himself incapable of extinguishing the one bright light in his life but soon discovers that forces beyond his control may take her from him forever.

Review
First book in which neither of the main characters is a Changeling but this does not detract, in fact, the book exceeded my expectations.

Dev & Katya have an intense chemistry and their physical closeness and emotional intimacy is virtually tangible.

Katya's Silence is broken and she feels every emotion intensely, which may explain why she is my favorite Psy heroine. Some readers may view her as weak and submissive but to me she exhibits incredible resilience and strength of will (as Ming Le Bon quickly learns).

Dev is an intense and compelling hero with just the right of amount of tortured thrown in to have me drooling. His skill with metal is very cool but underdeveloped and he has a tendency toward domineering but Katya's quiet strength completely undercuts this.

The climax and resolution of this book are simply heartwrenching and Blaze of Memory is added to the list of books that had me crying all over the pages.

There are several developments in the overall story arc with the origins of the Forgotten explained in the form of a series of wonderfully written letters, the questions regarding the Arrows' allegiance and the fractures in the NetMind. Things are certainly getting interesting and I look forward to the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blaze of Memory.

07/20/2012 page 91
07/20/2012 page 216
58.0% "It's official - Katya is my favorite Psy heroine."