Chip'sBookBinge's Reviews > Stan Lee's How to Draw Comics: From the Legendary Creator of Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Iron Man

Stan Lee's How to Draw Comics by Stan Lee

Jun 09, 2012

Read from June 15 to 21, 2012

I didn't pick up Stan Lee's How To Draw Comics for the purpose of learning how to draw, Letter or color. I'm already well versed in that part of Comic Book creation. You can check out myDeviant Art Gallery at http://chiprocks1.deviantart.com for some of my color samples if you're inclined to do so.

My main objective to giving this book a spin was just to update my knowledge and see if there were / are new things that currently being utilize by amateurs and professionals alike. After reading it, there isn't a whole lot that I would say is "new". This book is definitely aimed at the novice artist looking to break into the biz and touches up on everything that will be asked of you when creating your own fantasy worlds or working with preexisting characters for Marvel, DC, Image and any other publisher.

Everything from Penciling, Inking, Coloring and Lettering is addressed here. There is even a section devoted to how best to go about submitting and showing your portfolio to land that prize job that you are after. So, can any seasoned or professionals benefit from this book? Yes. It's a nice handy thing to have just for a refresher course should you get in a rut. Lot's of different examples to be found within the book from layout and cover designs, color samples as well as inking and penciling styles.

I can recommend this book as a Rent from the Library.

4 Stars out of 5.

You can find more of my Book, DVD, TV and Movie reviews at my Forum (Penny Can) at...

Feel free to stop by and contribute your 2 cents.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stan Lee's How to Draw Comics.