Tracee Gleichner's Reviews > The Dark Garden

The Dark Garden by Eden Bradley

Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: rec-d-from-publisher, paperback
Read on June 09, 2012

I wanted to like this book. I really did. And I have read quite a few erotica novels in my time. I don’t read too many of them anymore, not because I dislike them but there isn’t much of a story line most of the time. Unfortunately, that is exactly how I felt about this book. The book is based on Rowan, a dominatrix who works in a club for doms and subs. She loves her job but lately has found she doesn’t really want to “play.” She isn’t sure why this is happening, but her life is about to change when Christian walks in. Christian is also a dom but is immediately attracted to Rowan – the feeling is mutual. He offers a game of sorts – for her to give him 30 days to explore a different side – a more submissive side of herself, and she agrees although somewhat reluctantly. She has a past secret, something that makes her never want to be submissive to anyone.

I was hoping it would be some sort of earth shattering secret but it wasn’t. I was hoping that this book would have some kind of plot twist but it didn’t. It focused mostly on the sexual aspect of the encounters that Rowan and Christian, and April and Decker had. I found it to be quite boring and actually started skimming through some of the pages. I don’t need to hear about the same type of sexual play numerous times to get the idea. I just wanted more. And to be honest, I found the “relationship” that formed between April and Decker to be more interesting.

I know that I am one of the few who feel this way after reading the other reviews on Amazon, so feel free to give it a shot. I’d love to know what you think/thought.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Garden.

06/09/2012 page 320

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shawn I just finished this book and I feel the exact same way about it as you do. Except I wasn't really into April and Deckers relationship either. I was kinda bored with the book about half way through it, but I continued it anyway hoping there would be more.