Donna's Reviews > All Spell Breaks Loose

All Spell Breaks Loose by Lisa Shearin

Jun 09, 12

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from June 08 to 09, 2012

Raine and the gang travel to Regor with a plan to sneak in and destroy the Saghred once and for all.

It took me a little bit to get into this story because it felt kind of choppy at the start. There were lots of short sentences, fragments, and almost too much sense of the character's voice. I'm not sure if that smoothed out or if I just settled back into the style, but by a quarter of the way through I was hooked.

I loved seeing Raine go on the offensive here, especially because she was packing less power than in previous books. Just as soon as I began to worry that she was getting sidelined in terms of the adventure, she'd step in and make her presence felt.

The romance factor was toned down, which was fine because it wouldn't have seemed all that appropriate under the circumstances. I liked the way that the action was worked in, there was a good amount of it despite the fact that the characters were trying to be stealthy.

This was a great conclusion to Raine's story. I'd love to see some of these characters again, but maybe through the eyes of a different protagonist.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Spell Breaks Loose.