Vi's Reviews > Neurotically Yours

Neurotically Yours by Bonnie Trachtenberg

Sep 25, 12

bookshelves: own, 4-stars, reviewed, paperback
Read from September 01 to 08, 2012

I do love a nice romantic comedy and Neurotically Yours is that and so much more. I was a fan of Bonnie’s after reading Wedlocked so I’m pleased to say I love her even more after reading this one. Neurotically Yours has humor, romance, snark, and intrigue. It’s about finding and believing in love, but it’s also about a strong, determined female who follows her dreams of starting a lucrative and in-demand business, and all the troubles that go along with that.

Dara was a very funny and witty character that I could easily relate to and loved from the very beginning. When she began her career as an advice columnist, she was very blunt and real, which I’ve always loved in a female lead. Maybe because it reminds me a litte of myself, who knows?! She was also very quirky and had a ridiculous, yet hilarious obsession with her pet cat. Nick was an intriguing male lead, although his part wasn’t as big as you would’ve thought. The book focuses more on Dara and her path to self-discovery, with a bit of love and romance mixed in, so his part wasn’t a big player in the grand scheme of things. I probably would’ve liked to see more of him and their relationship, but it developed enough that I really cared for them and their relationship.

The pace overall flowed very nicely and I breezed right through most of it. It was very light and fun and there was never a dull moment. I especially loved the secondary characters like Reggie and Jesse. They both added wonders to the story and always made me laugh. I also liked the idea of her dating service and even though the flaws were evident, seeing her handle it all was very entertaining and the slew of clients she came across was great.

I really enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it to those who want a light and fun read. It’s got a little bit of everything and Bonnie’s writing is superb as always so you won’t be disappointed in this one at all.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neurotically Yours.

09/01/2012 page 22
5.79% "Loving it already!"
show 2 hidden updates…