Nicki Markus's Reviews > UnGuarded

UnGuarded by Ashley Robertson

Jul 21, 2012

bookshelves: read-fantasy-sci-fi
Read from July 06 to 09, 2012

Having enjoyed a previous work by Ashley Robertson, I was keen to see what she would come up with this time and I must say that the end result is a fast-paced tale of action and suspense.

Selene is a very sympathetic characters and someone the reader can really get behind. I also liked the supporting cast who were all well realised.

This book launches you into the action straight away and that fast pace remains right through, keeping you turning the pages, eager for more.

The story idea was well conceived and presented and the characters were very likeable and memorable. For me only one thing let this book down (hence four stars not five) and that is the fact that I really would have liked more back story on Selene and Cole. There were some flashbacks to their time together before the events of the book, but I was looking for some more justification as to how they came to be a couple and why their bond is so strong.

But even without that additional back-story, this is still a fun, entertaining read that will please the usual Urban Fantasy/PNR crowds - well worth checking out!

I received this book as a review copy from the author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read UnGuarded.