Amy_Read to My Heart's Content's Reviews > Mars on the Rise

liked it
bookshelves: blog, adult-romance
Read from June 08 to 23, 2012

** spoiler alert ** www.readtomyhearts.blogspot.com

Our protagonist, Cedo, is such a sweet soul. He is a bit naive for as old as he is and living on his own, but he is a wonderful storyteller. He seems the most serene when is down by the pier crafting an adventure for everyone to hear. He always wished for something more but when he gets it, I think he realizes his mistake a little too late.
Erus, on the other hand, is the complete opposite of Cedo. He is strong, harsh, and has been around the block a few times. When he puts his time and money into people he thinks he owns them exclusively. He does have a soft side, that only Cedo can find, but it is buried under so many layers of heartache and evil deeds he participates with his macabre creations.
This love story definitely goes by the adage, "opposites attract" because that is what happens when Cedo and Erus fall in love.
I understand that Erus is broken and hurt from everything that he has been through but I don't think that should give him an excuse for being such a jerk.
Just because you didn't really feel loved as a child doesn't give you permission to experiment on people and then just admit, "yeah I feel bad, but I can't apologize for what I do."
Actually, yeah you can.

I kept hoping Cedo wouldn't fall for Erus' excuses, but, time and time again, he does. Until it is too late.

Rae Gee definitely knows how to craft a story. The prose is beautiful describing the world in so many colorful details, you get lost in the story.

The novel is very intense with murder, mystery, love, and passions running high throughout it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mars on the Rise.