Melissa's Reviews > Red Riding Hood

Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright

Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: has-a-movie, werewolves, fairytale, fantasy, absolute-favorites, ya, couldn-t-put-it-down
Read from June 08 to 10, 2012 — I own a copy

What to say, what to say except... I loved it! It's been the first book in a long time that i haven't been able to put down. The thing with really loving a book is that it's often hard on what to say. It's far easier to complain about something than to praise it sometimes. Needless to say i don't have my complains... Last chapter online and not in the book! Seriously! I'm going to have to print it off and put it in my own copy.

I have to admit i was quicker reading the book probably because i had just seen the movie. I had held of seeing it because it was being compared to "Twilight" and therefore i had an unfounded prejudice against it. My sister and i both dead tired on Friday decided to give it a shot. Needless to say we were both spellbound. This made me pick up the book and start reading it that very night.

Valerie is nothing like Bella, nor is Peter/Henry like Edward. They have personalities and flaws. Red Riding Hood makes for a real mystery that keeps you guessing and guessing till the very end who really is the big bad wolf. And the best thing is that he is really bad. Not the fluffy kind as popularized in most badly written YA's today.

I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to read a real good old fashion fairy tale mystery.

5/5 stars for a great read and characterization. And for making me want more even though i'll probably never get a sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Riding Hood.

06/09/2012 page 120
06/09/2012 page 280
85.0% "I am entirely hooked onto this book after seeing the movie for the first time last night"
show 1 hidden update…