Traci (The Reading Geek)'s Reviews > A Want So Wicked

A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young

Jun 08, 2012

Read from June 08 to 11, 2012

Suzanne Young's A Want So Wicked and is the sequel to A Need So Beautiful. This time the story follows Elise who is beginning to experience some weird flashes of another person's life. Things only get stranger though for Elise when she is warned about Shadows. She is also finding herself torn between Abe, the bad boy, and Harlin, the new guy in town.

I really enjoyed A Want So Wicked and was definitely surprised by where Young took this story next. Elise was an interesting protagonist. She is a good girl and cares a great deal about her family. I especially loved the relationship she shared with her dad. Her relationship with her sister Lucy is strained at times because her sister is the troublemaker. However, Elise's life is beginning to drastically change when she starts having weird flashes of someone else's life and she also has weird dreams that don't make much sense.

Abe is the bad boy that Elise can't seem to stay away from him. I found Abe to be a really interesting character and I wanted to know even more about him. Then there is Harlin who I already loved from A Need So Beautiful. I was happy to see him again and I found myself falling even more for him.

It took me a while to get into this story because I felt so confused by everything that was going on in the first few chapters. I know that I was already familiar with this world but there was just something about the beginning that was so confusing and I really struggled to get through. That may just be me being impatient though and I think that rereading the first book again could have really helped. However as the story began to develop more, I found myself really getting into this story and it was hard to put this book down. I also love Young's writing, it's gorgeous.

I loved that this time we learned more about the dark side and the Shadows. I was really interested in learning more about the Shadows, especially after A Need So Beautiful. It even got really creepy at some moments. The last couple of chapters were definitely my favorite and I was not expecting the several twists that happened. Overall, I really enjoyed A Want So Wicked and thought it was a great follow up to A Need So Beautiful. I will definitely be looking forward to the next book in this series because A Want So Wicked left me wanting more.

www.thereadinggeek.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Want So Wicked.

06/08/2012 page 64