Kirsten Lenius's Reviews > Witch Way Bends

Witch Way Bends by Olivia Hardin

9991951
Jun 08, 12

Read in June, 2012

I am usually a fan of this genre, but this book has far too many flaws for me to appreciate it. To start with, there are misused words which is a huge pet peeve for me, and the female main character's name spelling changes from Devan to Devon and back.

The story as a whole is disjointed and inadequately explained. I actually read the first third of the book twice, just to make sure that I hadn't missed something.

The characters themselves were presented as being older, yet they acted and reacted like teenagers and had the emotional depth of a teaspoon. The emotional and sexual interactions seemed misplaced and left me cold, at best. And Devan's imaginary friend's verbal groping was just creepy.

The premise of the story had potential, but the telling fell flat.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witch Way Bends.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bookie | The BookChick I just finished it and many of my issues are EXACTLY the same as yours.

Kirsten Lenius Bookie •★• The BookChick wrote: "I just finished it and many of my issues are EXACTLY the same as yours."

It is always good not to be alone. O:-) I don't like to hurt anyone's feelings, but I figure that if I don't give truthful feedback it is not a help either to the author or my fellow reader.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) Well said.

Armi "---had the emotional depth of a teaspoon."

I love this line more than anything in the actual book!

Kirsten Lenius Armi wrote: ""---had the emotional depth of a teaspoon."

I love this line more than anything in the actual book!"

Thank you! LOL. I honestly wish there were more to love in the book. Perhaps the future work will improve.