Sarah (Workaday Reads)'s Reviews > Grave of Angels

Grave of Angels by Michael Prescott

Aug 30, 13

bookshelves: bea-2012, read-in-2013
Read from August 12 to 13, 2013

This was a hard, harsh mystery thriller. While it may have featured a female protagonist, it was anything but soft or emotional. This story was all about the action.

I didn’t really like the characters, with the exception of Di Milo and Grange, two of Kate’s employees. They were the only characters with depth, and so felt the most real and deserving of emotion. Kate is not a good girl heroine in any way. She has a dark past and isn’t afraid to use threats or force to get what she wants. I found her very hard to like, and her history as a nun is almost dispicable.

The bad guy is a stereotypical ultimate evil villian. He has no conscience and no respect for other people. Truly evil and scary, his threats are very real, which does lend a sense of danger to the story.

Overall, I found the story to be focused on the action, with little thought given to the characters. While this usually makes a decent action movie, it falls flat on paper. While the plot does have some twists and turns, the ending is a bit ridiculous. Perhaps a male reader who isn’t interested in the emotional aspect of a story would enjoy this more than I did.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave of Angels.

08/12/2013 marked as: currently-reading