Lexxie 's Reviews > Shine

Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready

Jun 09, 12

bookshelves: fave-series, i-own, kindle, pre-ordered, paranormal-ya, fave-2012, read-in-2012
Recommended for: Every single reader I know!
Read from June 08 to 09, 2012, read count: 1

There will be spoilers! This and other reviews can also be found on my blog : (un)Conventional Bookviews

Oh my sweet goodness! The first chapter almost killed me!

Shine is the perfect finale to the Shade series! Oh my sweet goodness! The first chapter almost killed me! I was sitting on the edge of my couch, my eyes as big as saucers, my reaction the same as Aura’s : ‘No! No, that just can’t be true! Not Zach! No!!!!’ *sob* I almost did a Joey and put my book in the freezer, but that just wouldn’t do! For two reasons – one- I had to know what was going to happen, even if I was devastated – two – I have a kindle, and I don’t think it would have taken it kindly if I had left it in the freezer.

It didn’t take me long at all to be extremely happy to continue reading. Aura is a great protagonist; she’s strong, smart, funny, independent and loveable. I also love her friends, and of course, I really, really love Zach :D The fact that Aura stays friends with Logan’s family is something that says a lot about her in my opinion.

Of course, there was a whole lot of heartbreak in this volume, and it wasn’t only about the very first chapter when I was cursing my tired eyes. Beware, there will be spoilers, because there are some things I don’t know how to explain if I don’t share what is up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shine.

Quotes Lexxie Liked

Jeri Smith-Ready
“I don't need to see you to know that you're beautiful.”

Jeri Smith-Ready
“I miss you, Logan." I touched my fingers to my lips, then to the forehead of the Keeley Brothers skull. "I miss you so much."
Missing Logan was an emptiness, an ache so dull and deep, it was a permanent part of me. I would never truly get over his death, but someday I would find peace.
Missing Zachary, on the other hand, was a searing knife in the gut. I burned to save him from the horrible fates I imagined, and the need to be in his arms again set my skin ablaze.
One boy was gone forever. The other was gone now.”

Jeri Smith-Ready
“We were linked, for the endless now that felt every bit like forever.”

06/08/2012
3.0% "WHAT?!?"
06/09/2012
25.0% "it really should be illegal to start a book that way! I love this series, and I love it even more right now!"
06/09/2012
40.0% "But in the depth of Zachary's weary, determined eyes, I saw more than a desperate longing. I saw a future."
06/09/2012
60.0% ""Zach, I have a slight packing issue. What do you like girls to, you know, wear?" He angled his head, clearly confused. "Whatever they watn." "I mean" - my face heated - "in bed." "Oh!" He blinked rapidly, probably imagining government guys in bad suits listening in. "dunno. Never spent the night with anyone." At least our nervousness wasn't being faked. "But what do you think is attractive?" He paused. "Nakedness?""
06/09/2012
66.0% "this is so beautifully written I almost want to cry!"
06/09/2012
71.0% "'Things are going to get really bad there in the States. Porbably everywhere else, too.' 'And we could stop it. Make it all go away.' We'd be doing the world a huge favor by ending the Shift.

uh oh. I don't get such a good feeling about this."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christina LOVED it! Really pleased that Aura's assumption about Zach was wrong ;)
I shall miss this series & these characters.

Lexxie oh me too, Christina! it was so excellently written :) and Zach is swoon-wowrthy, just as Aura is a great female protagonist.