Kayla Eklund's Reviews > Kissing Shakespeare

Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle

Aug 28, 12

bookshelves: arc, reviews-completed
Read from August 23 to 24, 2012

When I first read the synopsis for Kissing Shakespeare, I really wanted to read the book. I was also a little nervous. I don't usually read books with a lot of romance in them. Therefore I wasn't sure if I would like it. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. I loved Kissing Shakespeare. The plot was very intricate. The author definitely did her research. The book was historically accurate while throwing in some fun fiction. It was a lot of fun trying to guess who the spy was before "Olivia" and Stephen found out. I liked how Miranda was able to transfer so easily into her role as Olivia. At first I didn't like Stephen because of the way he treated Miranda. Shortly afterwards he became a kind gentle loving person. I like that even though they were trying to help Shakespeare, Stephen didn't let his feelings stop. He tried, but then he realized that his love was too strong. Pamela Mingle wrote a fascinating debut. When the book ended I felt this horrible pang of loneliness like I had lost a close friend. Based on Kissing Shakespeare, I will read anything the author writes in the future.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kissing Shakespeare.

Quotes Kayla Liked

Pamela Mingle
“As much as it hurts to admit it, I knew he was right. I would love him with all my heart, but in the end, it wouldn't be enough. I'd long for everything I couldn't have, and that would kill the love between us. Not right away, but someday.”
Pamela Mingle, Kissing Shakespeare

08/23/2012 page 20
6.0% "Pretty good start. I see this novel going fast."
08/23/2012 page 82
23.0% "Still pretty good."
08/23/2012 page 136
39.0% "I am flying through this book today. :)"