Sandy's Reviews > Captivate

Captivate by Carrie Jones

Jun 08, 12

bookshelves: ya, library
Read in June, 2012

I had to find out after reading Need what happens to Zara and whether the pixies stay trapped in the house or whether they escape. I really thought I would not get all wrapped up in the drama and I was getting kind of stick of the Zara and Nick attachment- seriously, I know they are teenagers but she acts like the sun revolves around him. Zara is half human and half pixie and she really needs to decide her own fate before something terrible happens because you just know something is going to go down. The pixies are held up in the house in the forest and life seems good except for something is happening to Zara and she can’t figure out what is causing it. A new king has entered the town and his name is Astley and Zara is trying to figure out where he fits into the puzzle. Why is he here? Is he good or is he bad? No one has ever heard of a good pixie but he claims to not be violent, is this really just a trick? Is this destiny for Zara and is he her ticket to freedom? So many emotions for Zara to address and how does Nick feel about this new guy? Then we have the relationship with Devyn and Issie, will this blossom into something? Pixies and shifters, shifters and pixies- the battle continues. And where is grandma- she’s still running around in the ambulance working, trying to be an adult figure to Zara and giving Zara the room that she needs so she can make her own decisions. I thought the relationship with Zara and Nick was a bit too over the top for me for being teenagers. I found myself skimming parts of their relationship as I was reading. I liked the introductions of the new characters and found their interactions engaging. I felt a part of the story as I was reading it and characters really connected all around. Onto the next book!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captivate.