Kelly's Reviews > Blacklisted

251943
Jan 09, 13

bookshelves: physical-books, young-adult, read-in-2013, sci-fi
Read from January 08 to 09, 2013

I liked book 1 in the series but I wasn't particularly blown away by it. For all the action and alien-style shenanigans, I thought it lacked tension as far as the "will she, won't she" make it in this alien hunting group. This book, though, didn't have that problem. When the action starts moving, it builds and builds and builds the tension until things reach critical and pop. Annnnnd... there's some sexy touching, which totally works for me. TOTALLY.

In the beginning, Camille is sweet and entirely forgettable. Her plan to dress sexy and try to attract the attention of Erik is... not the smartest, in my opinion. She takes some rather stupid risks (most at the urging of her friend) and ends up in the middle of something that she was entirely unprepared for. Good thing that Erik is a stand-up guy and takes her under his wing or she would have been toast before things really started getting good. I liked the two of them together. I liked them a lot.

Bottom line: A much stronger entry that book 1. I liked both Erik and Camille. I liked that Camille found herself when push came to shove. Highly enjoyable.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blacklisted.