Melissa's Reviews > Dragon Flight

Dragon Flight by Jessica Day George

Jan 02, 14

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in August, 2010

Jessica Day George is quickly becoming one of my favorite YA fantasy authors. While I have to admit that I probably liked Dragon Slippers--her first effort--a bit better, Dragon Flight is still a very enjoyable read that is easy to get lost in.

What truly makes these books so enjoyable is the colorful cast of characters. I have found it so easy to become attached to Creel, Prince Luka, and others that help them along the way. And anyone who gets in their way is depicted so well in their opposition that you can't help but appreciate them for what they are in these stories. So while the plot might be a bit (just a bit) lighter in this book, the characters and their antics more than make up for that slight weakness. Marta comes into her own during the latest Dragon War after she and Creel get into a pretty impressive scrape when trying to help Prince Luka and the Faravelan soldiers in their effort to stop the invasion.

Again with this story, George's writing is easy to read and wonderfully vivid to the imagination, which I always think is important for YA fantasy novels. When I pick books like this up, I want to be swept away into the world I am reading about, and that is just what happens with George's books. I am looking forward to reading Dragon Spear and concluding this series, though no doubt I will be sad to leave Creel and her adventures behind. If you (or someone you know) is looking for an enjoyable YA fantasy read, I highly recommend these books!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Flight.