Bells's Reviews > Deep Autumn Heat

Deep Autumn Heat by Elisabeth Barrett

Jul 11, 12

Read from June 15 to 17, 2012

The Grayson brothers have returned to Star Harbor and everyone remembers the pranks they once pulled when they were younger.. They were once the bad boys in town and now they are all grown up with careers of their own. Sebastian Grayson is a famous chef and the moment he lays eyes on Lexie Meyers he wants her, and the recipe for her coconut cake. Lexie can't take her eyes off of Seb even though she knows he is oh so wrong for her. There's lots of flirting and tension between these two that makes it obvious to all of those around them that they are attracted to one another. She's protective of her heart due to her past but can't deny how she begins to feels about him. Sebastian has never been this serious about anyone in the past and will do whatever he can to make to make it work.

My thoughts about Deep Autumn Heat change at about the halfway point in the book. I absolutely loved the beginning of the book as Lexie and Sebastian get to know one another better. I thought their banter and flirting scenes were fun and sexy. They just couldn't seem to stay away from one another despite warnings from friends and family. I really liked Sebastian's character from the very beginning as he seemed like the ultimate bad boy. I enjoyed seeing a different side to him as the story progressed because there's so much more to his character than being the hot guy. He is truly talented and it was great to see him really begin to enjoy the talent that he has. Lexie was able to help him with that and while Sebastian was around her, he was able to see that his talent was so much more about cooking food. The whole experience was enlightening to him that all of those around him could see him change right before their eyes.

I didn't enjoy the latter part of the book as much as Lexie has to deal with someone leaving threatening letters at her place of business. Her past ends up catching up to her and I found this part of the book predictable. I would have preferred for the book to remain lighthearted and fun. But Lexie is a survivor and the author did a great job showcasing that while Lexie doesn't allow this part of her life to get in the way of taking care of business. She's a hard working businesswoman and will do what she has to do remain that way.

I thought Deep Autumn Heat started this new series on the right foot with the introduction to the 4 Grayson brothers. They all seem very interesting in their own way and I'm looking forward to knowing more about each of them as they are deeply rooted to the town of Star Harbor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Autumn Heat.