Karen's Reviews > Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln by Seth Grahame-Smith

Jun 08, 12

Read in June, 2012

This book surprised me. I hadn't read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, so I wasn't sure what to expect from Seth Grahame-Smith, but this book turned out to be packed full of historically accurate information. The vampire twist (the only obviously fictional part of the book) is almost an aside. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter tells the story of a hugely significant historical figure beset by demons...and not just of the fanged, undead variety. It talks of his losses, struggles and torment in a poignant way.

I have a feeling that some readers, having seen the trailer for the upcoming movie based on the book, will be expecting a wilder, horror-filled romp than Grahame-Smith delivers. If you love history, my guess is that you'll find this book fascinating just like I did. If not, it could potentially come off as a little dry, with fewer unholy encounters than one might imagine for a book with this title.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is truly one of those books where your mileage will vary depending on your reading style and expectations.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abraham Lincoln.