Jennifer's Reviews > Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny  Lawson

Jun 08, 12

bookshelves: humor, memoir-autobiography, non-fiction, owned
Read in April, 2012

Jenny Lawson is The Blogess. She writes a blog about her life that is so funny, every time I read a post, it is a revelation. It takes me completely out of my own life and I sit at my computer cackling until my husband asks me what I'm doing. And every time I read it aloud to him, in fits and starts as I'm laughing so hard I'm crying and can't breathe and have to gasp out the story before collapsing.

Really.

This book is just like that. But longer.

Reading this book, I was laughing so hard that that space in the webbing between my thumb and finger ached. You know, that place that throbs when you've drunk a 78 oz soda and then held it through an entire movie and then you get to the bathroom and there's a line and then you finally get to a toilet and as you're voiding the EIGHT GALLONS of fluid you've been crossing your legs against FOREVER that spot on your hand throbs so much you want to gnaw it off?

Well, this book is like that, too.

This book takes all your sacred cows, skins them, stuffs then, and then dresses them in funny outfits to make postcards to sell at gas stations.

Really.

Cannot recommend highly enough, to those who like their humor as twisted as a barrel of snakes.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Pretend This Never Happened.