Kathy 's Reviews > Giving Up the Ghost: A Story About Friendship, 80s Rock, a Lost Scrap of Paper, and What It Means to Be Haunted

Giving Up the Ghost by Eric Nuzum

F_50x66
Jun 13, 12

Read in June, 2012

I received the book as a good reads free give away book. This is a story about one boys's life as haunted by a ghost. Just about everything he does, everyone he encounters, everyone he meets is viewed though often very indirectly through the ghost. The author is also not an ordinary teenager or person, largely because of his fixation with the ghost and finding out more about it--why and how it haun orlearn but also because he does not really fit thenorm we have come to expect for teenagers. As I read the book, I did wish he had focused more on the ghost and his search or had better tied what he did, who he met, etc. to the ghost. Usually, I never read books such as this one (memoirs), since I am not really into ghosts and hauntings. However, I figured I owed goodreads to read this one. I was not unhappy I had done so, since it gave me such a good perspective of the supernatural. I even learned a few things about ghosts, supernaturalism and hauntings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Giving Up the Ghost.