Deniz's Reviews > The Hedgewitch Queen

The Hedgewitch Queen by Lilith Saintcrow

Jun 17, 2012

bookshelves: love, fantasy
Read from June 11 to 12, 2012

it somehow reminded me of reading Dumas. Dumas with magic that is, naturally. Dumas is one of my all time favorite authors so it was a pleasant surprise.

Love the story line, the action, the characters up until the end. The end, omg, that was a shock! I felt so taken aback! it was like being thrown into cold water and left to drown... REALLY i kept on thinking (actually shouting) I kept on checking if i maybe missed a page or 10..but no. that was it. i guess it means i got to read the next book asap...

Vianne is a total damsel in distress, which she is totally aware of. She even calls herself a ninny. But she does try to overcome her fears and to live up to the situation, which is i think the reason I actually really liked her. (I have an aversion to the damsel of distress syndrome)

Im not a fan of written dialects so found some of the dialogues a bit tedious. Which is one of the reasons that prevented this from being a 5star book for me

Actually, Katy has written a really good review on this. Her words and thoughts to the book exactly reflect mine. So all im writing here is a bit of a waste, since she put it in much more eloquent terms
so check out Katy's review
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hedgewitch Queen.

06/11/2012
50.0% "It's like a bit of Duma with magic!"
show 1 hidden update…

Butterfly (I have an aversion to the damsel of distress syndrome)
lol, I must say your review are quite funny Deniz

Katy GAH!!! The ap won't let me like your review or post!!!

Katy Holy frap! It finally work after like five times!

Deniz Katy wrote: "Holy frap! It finally work after like five times!"

well my review is much like yours.. so you didnt miss that much ;)

Katy Katy wrote: "GAH!!! The ap won't let me like your review or post!!! Holy frap! It finally work after like five times!"

Did I really write "Holy frap?" LOL! My phone is seriously retarded. Not the user. :P Okay, I'm starting Bandit King on Wednesday night. See? I'm letting you know this time. :)

Deniz Katy wrote: "Katy wrote: "GAH!!! The ap won't let me like your review or post!!! Holy frap! It finally work after like five times!"

:) great joining you
thanks BC you the greatest (but then you know that already)
xx