jenjn79's Reviews > Italian Stallions

Italian Stallions by Karin Tabke

Mar 06, 09

bookshelves: 2009, info-full, genre-romance-erotic, reviewed, format-trade-pb, genre-anthologies, published-2008, stars-4
Recommended to jenjn79 by: random buy
Read in March, 2009

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Julie (jjmachshev) was right when she said this book was a pleasant surprise. I always go into reading short stories expecting less because it's so hard to tell a solid story in a hundred or so pages. But both the stories in this book were enjoyable to read.

The first novella, In His Bed, by Karin Tabke is about a young woman grieving for her recently deceased father when she finds out he built up gambling debts and now some creep wants the money, her restaurant, or her as payment. Gianna has always been a good girl, but with the changes in her life, her sensual side is breaking free. Then she meets Gabe LaMotta, and passion erupts. What she doesn't know, though, is that Gabe is an undercover cop keeping an eye on her.

Most of the time, I get annoyed by "hidden identity" stories, but I could mostly look past it on this one. Gabe and Gia had great chemistry and the sex scenes were hot. And despite it being a short story, I still felt like I knew the characters...which doesn't always happen in novellas. Plus there's some nice meat to the story with the undercover investigation into the Don Fabio. All in all, a nice short, erotic romance.

Rating: 4 / 5

The second story, Will That Be All?, by Jami Alden features Gia's cousin Theresa, who a few years earlier ran away to New York with her boyfriend. After things went really bad there, she came home to a family unwilling to forgive her (except for Gia). She's been working in Gia's restaurant, and meets successful financier Vince Mattera. The chemistry is instantaneous, but both try to fight it, which they can't do for long. A surprising relationship develops, but when Theresa fails to trust Vince with her secrets, it almost completely ruins the possibility of a future.

This one was my favorite of the two. Great characters, lots of emotion, some steamy hot sex, and a solid story to make the book pretty well-rounded. I really enjoyed this one and didn't want to put it down once I started. Vince and Theresa were a great pair. I loved reading Vince take the big L fall. Very sweet.

Rating: 5 / 5

Great anthology collection overall. I especially liked that the two stories were connected to each other. Usually with these anthologies, you get a couple unrelated stories, so I liked that these two were connectied. I hadn't read anything by either Tabke or Alden before, but I'd definitely be willing to read something of theirs again.

If you like sweet, hot romances, then this is a book you would probably like.

WARNING, this book contains: explicit sex, explicit language, oral sex, a little exhibitionism
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Italian Stallions.

03/04/2009 page 129
45.91% "Good stuff so far. Enjoyed the first story, now on to the second."
03/06/2009 page 281
100.0% "Second story was great! Full review coming up."

message 1: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee Sounds good...digging it out of the pile...NOW!:)

jenjn79 LOL...I think you'll probably like this one, Auntee. I've had it for ages and now I wish I'd read it sooner!