Jen*The Geeky Book Gal*'s Reviews > Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health

Wheat Belly by William  Davis

Jun 08, 12

bookshelves: nonfiction
Read from June 06 to 08, 2012

Great book. I was told by a doctor years ago that wheat was not good for my thyroid but I was so addicted that I couldn't stay off long. My weight ballooned up again even though I was eating "healthy whole grain" wheat like the Food Pyramid suggests.

However, my health declining and my weight up, I decided after reading this book to cut wheat out of my diet again. So far this week I have not had any migraines, my mood is better, and I lost 2 pounds, by just that one simple change.

The author says that wheat is making this country fat-it is in almost all processed food whether as a thickener or flavor enhancer, whatever. It has been genetically engineered to be almost a different plant than it used to be 40 years ago and that has led to obesity, dependance similar to a chemical one on eating it, mood disorders, and weight gain.

I am going to stay on this plan for a few months (it's not as hard as I thought it'd be) and see if my results match the others who have lost 20 or 30 pounds..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wheat Belly.