ChuCha's Reviews > Rapture

Rapture by Lauren Kate

Jun 08, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: betray, death-and-dying, fallen-angels, fantasy, girl-in-love-forever-with-boy, girl-power, revenge
Read from June 08 to 12, 2012

Finally, I AM DONE. I have been inserting books in between reads because I got bored.

At first I thought the best thing there is was the cover - as usual Fallen Series has one of the best covers I have seen.

The first chapters bored me to death. The story didn't pick up until the last chapters of the book -- and there goes the bomb!! Explosive twist that had me dropped to my seat (well, not literally). This was the other guy they were talking about. And I thought I had it coming- only to be ultimately shock. Lucinda's first love? No, it was not Daniel. It was someone else. Not going to put any spoilers here (although I'm dying to). Amazing, Amazing, Amazing.

I would have given it a 4 if the story wasn't a drag. I really like the first book of the series - the second and third were a blur. I read the fourth book because I'm dying to know the ending - how will this circus come to its final curtain call. What will happen to the characters? Will Daniel and Luce love conquer it all (those type of stuffs.)

Lauren Kate delivered well to end this series. It was almost disappointing before the surprising twist. The whole drag was ALMOST worth it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture.

Quotes ChuCha Liked

Lauren Kate
“The best part was now. That was what she would take with her from her journeys through the ages: He was worth everything to her and she was worth everything to him. The only way to experience that deep level of their love was to enter each new moment together, as if time were made of clouds. And if it came down to it these next nine days, Luce knew that she and Daniel would risk everything for their love.”

Lauren Kate
“Was their love worth the erasure of the world and all its stories?”

Lauren Kate
“Strangling is the most intimate way to kill someone,”

Lauren Kate
“Grief can choke you. It’s dangerous, something else you have to beat.”

Lauren Kate
“This is why angels choose sides, why people join teams. It costs too much not to; it weighs too heavily to soldier on alone.”

Lauren Kate
“She would not stop until she beat the devil.”

Lauren Kate
“Heartbreak is its own form of amnesia.”

Lauren Kate
“Trust is a careless pursuit.”

Lauren Kate
“You must remember how to dream what you already know.”

Lauren Kate
“All that is good in Heaven and on Earth is made of love. Maybe that wasn’t your plan when you created the universe—maybe love was just one aspect of a complicated and brutal world.
But love was the best thing you made, and it has become the only thing worth saving. This war is not just.
This war is not good. Love is the only thing worth fighting for.”

Lauren Kate
“Inspiration is an excuse for doing something you already want to do.”

Lauren Kate
“I want you to know that I would do it all again. I will choose you every time.”

Lauren Kate
“Fear is the only way to greet the devil.”

Lauren Kate
“You have to stop loving me.
Because I stopped loving you.”

Lauren Kate
“There is always some regret when we accept that love has moved away from us”
Lauren Kate, Rapture

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Taylor Who's the other guy??

I REALLY want to know!!!

Plz tell

ChuCha you should read it! :) just be patient till you reach the final chapters.