Pamela Todd's Reviews > Immortal City

Immortal City by Scott Speer

Jun 08, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, romance, ya-mg, paranormal
Read in June, 2012

Maddy Montgomery isn’t interested in the angels that look over Angel City and protect its richer inhabitants. She doesn’t watch the shows, read the gossip blogs or pay any attention to anything angel orientated. But when Jackson Godspeed, an up and coming angel that the whole world has its eye on, blows into Maddy’s life, she has no choice but pay attention.

Maddy and Jacks are from two different worlds. Jacks has everything money could buy and world fame. Maddy has a handful of friends and works all the hours she can just to get by. Neither fits in the other’s world, but they can’t live apart, either. Only Maddy sees Jacks for who he really is – not the public persona and world-famous angel.

Quite simply, I absolutely adored this book. Immortal City was a breath of much needed fresh air. With the rise in popularity of angel books, a new and edgy take on them was just what fans of the genre needed.

Split POV books tend to be a hit or a miss with me, usually I end up liking one voice more than the other. But I loved both Jacks and Maddy. Both of them lead the reader through the story, making them a part of their world. There were plenty of twists and turns, and a whopping mystery to keep all attention focused on this book until it was finished.

I absolutely cannot wait for the next instalment in this series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal City.