Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog's Reviews > Star Crossed

Star Crossed by Kele Moon

Jul 12, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from July 08 to 11, 2012

Definitely a 5 star read...not only for a fab story, the chemistry between Romeo and Juliet but for the man that is ROMEO !!
And WOW Romeo is completely amazing and delicious !! I was hooked right from the start..life could have stopped if I'd let it, though towards the end I just had to put it down to catch my breath and to try and prolong it as much as I could! This story is funny, sexy and completely addictive....

The story is pretty HOT, but not only is it HOT (sorry did I already say that?!)it also has a great story line. And the other characters are fantastic, well we already know that Clay, Mel and Wyatt are FAB.

It's so well written and I'll be honest with you, I wasn't sure the whole "Romeo & Juliet" notion was going to work but it bloody well did! I never thought it was cheesy or done to death! It didn't cross my mind as I was reading it!

I recommend reading Defying the Odds to get the full effect of this story and the Battered Hearts series!!

So...we have Romeo who is a huge, hot and hard MMA fighter. He pretty much destroys anyone and everyone in the ring. However, he is also a bit of a gentle giant, in the sense that he loves with all his heart, he is loyal and devoted to the people he loves, he wants to be the best that he can be and he is conscious of what is right and wrong. He has been dealt a pretty tough hand in life!

Then we have Jules who is very self assured, independent, fierce and strong. She knows what she wants and she goes for it 100%. She again, is loyal and devoted to her family. Juliet is beautiful and very protective with a vulnerable side too.

Romeo and Juliet make PERFECT sense despite their very different backgrounds and where they come from. Their relationship is not only passionate but very real and shows that no matter who you are or where you come from it's all about love and fighting for what you want and believe in!!

So this is the story of Romeo and Juliet. Jules being Wyatt's twin sister and friends with Clay who was the focus of the first book in the series. Without giving spoilers this story picks up from where the last one ended and sees Juliet taking Romeo out for a meal as a thank you for an incident where he was a hero. They have never met before. They both feel an instant sexual attraction and as a result of Jules' direct personality, they end up in a hotel room. This was meant to be a one night only affair however it soon turns into phone sex, dirty texts and even Skype sex... *blush*!!!! Their long distance relationship continues, builds and heats up and ultimately turns into so much more when Romeo comes to Garnet to train with Clay. This is where their story begins in earnest...and what a ride!!!

"Say it. I need to hear it" - Romeo

"I love you Romeo" - Juliet

So yes, I absolutely LOVED this sequel, I actually preferred it a little bit to Defying the Odds which is pretty good going! The other characters like: Nova, Tino and Chiuto added complete humour and spice and all things....YUMMY and I am hoping they all get their own book!! Nova fascinated me, Tino was funny but had this endearing quality and Chiuto was a total enigma!!

And let me not forget Wyatt *sigh* ....I CANNOT wait for his story which I think is going to be pretty heart breaking....

I received an ARC copy from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review

10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Crossed.

07/09/2012
50.0% "I need a fan like right NOW!!!!" 5 comments

Sunny So jealous. I'm still trying to get onto the website to purchase it!

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Wonderful review, Gitte! It's a lovely story! :)

Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog Thank you Rain and yes it is!! ;0)

message 4: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne Lovely review x

Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog Lisa Jayne wrote: "Lovely review x"