Anna (Bobs Her Hair)'s Reviews > The Unidentified Redhead

liked it
Recommended to Anna (Bobs Her Hair) by: Katie(babs) review
Recommended for: Beach Read, Diet Funny Romance
Read from June 08 to 09, 2012 , read count: 1

Grade: C+ or 3.5 stars…Light, funny, cute story!

The Story
Grace Sheridan returns to Los Angeles for a second chance in the entertainment industry. She rooms with her best friend Holly, who manages a talent agency. Grace meets the hot Hollywood newcomer Jack Harrison at Holly’s company launch party and they smoothly hit it off. They’ll enjoy the benefits of a sizzling chemistry as Grace works through their nine-year age difference and avoids the Paparazzi. Then, an opportunity of a lifetime could spell the end of a steamy relationship.

My Thoughts
The heroine is a little neurotic; the dialogue is funny and, somewhat, zany; and there is loads of sexy times scattered liberally in the story. You’ll either love it or want the laughter to stop. Personally, I enjoyed the silliness. Clayton’s humorous characterizations and dialogue reminded me of MaryJanice Davidson and Jennifer Crusie.

Grace doesn’t hold back on the smartass, bold, in-your-face attitude. What I was hoping for was a personal challenge, a stronger conflict, or maybe some of her ‘baggage’ to rise up and add another level to the story. None of those events occur. The age difference is easily batted aside, along with Jack’s cell phone picture happy fans. A real challenge finally comes yet it’s so near the end of the book. This challenge left me with the question of whether I’ll read the next book or not. I would like to. I’m just not sure if I’m ready for another book without character development and ho-hum plot. This may sound strange, but I want some angst! Dig out the dirt, Clayton, hose it down and throw Grace and Jack in the mud!!!

Overall, The Unidentified Redhead delivers a light and humorous romance. It will delight readers who want a cute reading experience. Don’t expect more.

Memorable Quote

“You have to understand, I’ve got thirty-three years’ worth of crap baggage knocking around behind me, and if you take me, you take the baggage. Old insecurities…they’re a bitch.” I laughed spitefully.

“You don’t think I’m nervous about this, too? The timing of this whole thing is crap. We’re crazy to even try to make this work, but I think it’s crazy not to. I don’t know what’s going to happen. We might be totally fucked.”

“I agree, totally fucked,” I answered, frowning.

“You need to settle down, though. No more pussy parade. That was uncalled for, Grace,” he warned again, his face serious. “And quit blaming our age difference when it’s your shit that’s making this weird right now.”

I paused, and took in what he said. He was right, this was all my shit. I reached out tentatively with my hand again, approaching the scalp scratch once more. This time, he let me.

Buddy Read with Searock

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unidentified Redhead.

06/08/2012 page 1
0.0% "Book is ready to go for buddy read starting in a few hours. :o)"
06/08/2012
29.0% "He was quiet and i thought he had hung up unti he said, almost in a whisper, "Grace, I will focus on nothing else in life until you come. I will start it and I will fucking finish it." RAWRRRRRRR! Hamilton, you are damn hot!"
06/08/2012
48.0% "They certainly have chemistry. Now I'm ready for more in their relationship."
06/08/2012
85.0% "There is emotion in this book. I'm there with the characters. If only the author would give these characters a bit more depth, a challenging conflict..." 1 comment

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) I'm almost done and will write a short review. :o)

Michelle [Helen Geek] Perfectly stated!!

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Thanks, Baba!

@Michelle - I think this book makes a nice beach read, sitting at the airport read, or a light cozy read. If Clayton would have worked Grace's big break earlier in the book she could have added some nice tension to the the plot.

Michelle [Helen Geek] I agree. Something missing. But her break is for #2. I'll have to see what others say before I invest time in #2. This was okay. Kept me reading it, but didn't make me interested in moving forward with the series, until I see how it is received.

I think you liked it a bit more than I. But we agreed on the parts that fell short. Really nice review.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) In your review, you mentioned the story was 'monotonous' and I can see that. While the characters had some depth she didn't push them and pretty much blew off their issues. The focus seemed to be their chemistry. For some, all the mind-blowing sex can get old.

I'll probably read book 2, but not anytime soon. Hopefully, the $6.99 price tag will drop because I don't want to pay for more of the same. :o)

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Sure thing, Bama! :o)

Michelle [Helen Geek] Yep. Michele gave it 5 stars. I can't wait for her review. I'll be interested to see what she liked so well.

With all the traffic on this one, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a higher price for the next one.