Sfdreams's Reviews > Cold Plague

Cold Plague by Daniel Kalla

Oct 03, 08

bookshelves: reviewed
Read in October, 2008, read count: 0

NOTE: I was unable to read this book!! It looks like a great plot, however, I was unable to read beyond 2 1/2 pages, plus the acknowledgements and author's note (science behind the book.) I had the book for 9 weeks from the library, and I have reached the end of my renewals, so I will finally give up.

I don't know why I was unable to read this...Daniel Kalla's writing style seems close to Robin Cook and Michael Connolly, both of whom I enjoy. I guess it could be just a case of too much other books that appeal to me more strongly at the same time.

I am giving it 2-stars though I wish there was an option for unable to finish the book. Didn't want to give it 1-star, because I don't want to adversely affect others opinion of it, and I can't really say I didn't like it if I haven't read more than 3 pages!

I think I will try to read his other books first: maybe Blood Lies or Pandemic. If anyone has been able to finish this book, I would appreciate knowing what you thought.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Plague.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan Terri,

You can give it 1 star (you didn't like it!) but say you don't want to discourage others from reading/you've explained yourself.

By the way, some members do create an exclusive (not appearing on default 3 shelves) shelf that's titled didn't-finish, abandoned, etc. etc. names. If you think this won't be your only book like that, you could make a shelf.

I actually just don't rate books on Goodreads that I haven't read all the way through, which is my way of handling it.

I could make an abandoned shelf, I suppose. I'd put Bel Canto on it. Beth recommended it highly and we usually have nearly 100% taste in books but I read only about 1/3 at the most. I probably should try it again. Most think so highly of it.