Crystal's Reviews > The Way We Fall

The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

Jun 07, 12

The Way We Fall by: Megan Crewe

Overview: Kaelyn begins writing in a journal after she didn’t say goodbye to her estranged friend Leo, who left the island they both live on for NYC. Kaelyn is full of regrets and vows to makeover herself. Then the island becomes overtaken by a strange disease. It starts out as an itch, sneezing, and coughing, then inhibition loss, next hallucinations as the mind deteriorates, finally death. When the body count rises the island’s harbor is closed off forcing the remaining residents to fend for themselves. Especially once they lose first internet and long distance phone service, finally electricity and clean water. Can Kaelyn’s father, a microbiologist combat the disease before it overtakes his family? And if her family dies how will Kaelyn survive?

Opinion: I rate this book eight out of ten, it starts out slow but stick with the story, it will be worth it! The isolation of the setting on an island makes an already disturbing story more frightening. Crewe did well making the fictitious infectious disease believable and medical response realistic. The take away is a reminder of our mortality while still reinforcing the benefit of perseverance and humanity’s ability to survive.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way We Fall.