Crystal's Reviews > Sleepless

Sleepless by Cyn Balog

Jun 07, 12

Sleepless by Cyn Balog

Overview: Eron died in the 1900s and was given the decision to join the Sleepbringers as a Sandman. His job for the past hundred years has been to lull his charges to sleep; his contract of service has finally reached its end. Eron will get a second chance at being human, if Griffin who has recently died (the boyfriend of Julia, one of his charges) can learn to do the job. But Griffin has his own ideas of how to do things that don’t coincide with the Sleepbringers code of conduct. Meanwhile Eron, who already has a connection with Julia, gets more and more involved with her. You will be on the edge of your seat wondering if Griffin will accept that he is dead and let go of his earthly ties so that Eron can finally have a new life.

Opinion: I rate this book a seven out of ten, I liked the concept of using a Sandman as the main character especially with the mass amount of fairies and vampires currently in literature. Eron’s character also reminded me of the movie, Blast from the Past, with his whimsical misunderstandings of modern times. I wish though the relationships would have had more authentic development. Overall it was very enticing but ended before the reader could really get attached.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleepless.