Wendy Hines's Reviews > A Piece of Time

A Piece of Time by Victoria Fielding

Jun 07, 2012

Read in June, 2012

A Piece of Time is not what I was expecting - but so much more. Lilly is just your average teenager. She loves to dance and just earned a scholarship for college, which she is excited about. Her family and friends don't care for her boyfriend Alex - he has a reputation and uses drugs, but she loves him. Her nemesis is always namecalling and bullying, but she tries to rise above it.

Her mom has been dating Carl for awhile now since her dad is gone, but she despises him. She doesn't understand why life has to be so hard. Then there is the accident and Lilly questions even more. Along the way, we learn of Lilly's troubles, her triumphs and her heart-aches but we not only take that journey with her, we question our own choices and maybe connect with Lilly with some point in our own lives.

A Piece of Time entrances the reader from page one in Lilly's life and doesn't let go until the final conclusion. Characters you can relate to and a story that will hold you in it's embrace, A Piece of Time is a worthwhile read I can't wait to give my teenage daughter to read. Absolutely divine!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Piece of Time.