Robin's Reviews > Almost Paradise

Almost Paradise by Susan Isaacs

Oct 03, 08

bookshelves: books-i-don-t-technically-own-anymo
read count: 1

I learned that you can't hit one out of the park every time.

For all the detail, and the back story, and the excruciating detail, the ending sucked.

I think I was so mad at the end of this book that I threw it away. I couldn't believe I had read thru what amounted to 500 years of personal stories and trials and tribulations, and that was the ending I got.

Read Shining Through instead. Shoot, I was so mad at this one, I'd say if you're tempted to read it, just go do some volunteer work instead.

That way you've accomplished something at the end of 8 hours you can't get back.
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost Paradise.

Kimberly I totally agree! Just finished this one last week. All the back stories and details about Nick and Jane's families were great, and very interesting. But ending just left me scratching my head! Still, it was an entertaining read, and I've been a fan of Isaacs for a while. Glad to know someone else shares my sentiments!

message 2: by Fkellysun (last edited Apr 29, 2010 06:56PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fkellysun I just now finished this book, and my gut reaction was, "What? That's the ending? I feel like throwing this book in the trash!" I can't remember the last time I was so annoyed at an author for setting us up and then letting us down like this. I understand when Thomas Hardy has a tragic ending, but not Susan Isaacs! I like her other books so much more...