DanaMichelle's Reviews > The Enchanted Places

The Enchanted Places by Christopher Milne

Jun 07, 2012

liked it
Read in May, 2012

A lovely memoir from Christopher Milne- the real-er Christopher Robin. I read "In which, Search is organdized, and Piglet nearly meets the heffalump again" right after finishing "Enchanted Places," And suddenly I was envisioning the real little stuffed animals, the trees that Christopher was truthfully always having adventures in, Eeyore's saggy and dreary looking neck that got that way from being carried around so much, and maybe what Mr. Milne himself was thinking as he wrote the stories and the stories wrote themselves.

I'm not sure I would recommend this though, as I also think Christopher might not. It isn't all happy. He says, "There are some secrets that we long to solve. We are intrigued by the problem and long to know the answer. But there are others that are best left as they are: where an aura of mystery is worth more than the probably rather prosaic solution."

I might have to put this book in that category, though it was an interesting and nostalgic read.

-Dana

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Enchanted Places.