Michikit's Reviews > The Fallen

The Fallen by Celia Thomson

Jun 07, 2012

Read on June 07, 2012 , read count: 1

“Flying daggers don't kill people, Chloe thought, leaping sidewise at the last minute to avoid one, grabbing the pedestrian rail. People kill people.”
Review on Amina Black

This was a super fast reading, I was really amazed that I finished the book in about 6 hours. I was really skeptical about it since it seems that the book series hasn't got that many fans. As most of the readers I decided to give it a try mostly because of the TV Show since it was canceled and I still have a couple of questions. Like I said, this was a light reading,entertaining and ignoring some sexual tensions, it was rather sweet. Except the superpowers, Chloe is a normal 16 years old teenager, having trouble with her mother, missing her father, arguing with the best friends and boys, boys, boys and boys, oh and lets not forget about the armed psycho that wants to kill her. Just like I said, normal teenage stuff.
Chloe seems to think a lot at boys, but I also think that it was because of the changes she's been through. Otherwise, until the end of the book she evolved as a fighter and she learned how to detach herself from what she initially thought it was important and fight for those that really were important.
Now THE LOVE TRIANGLE....yes, it has one of those, maybe is cool these days to have love triangles in the books, movies, TV shows, but what I really enjoyed the most at this one is that none of the boys is actually what they seem to be. And if i were to play the "I am Team" game, I definitely would be Team Alek. I just liked him more because he seems more open towards Chloe than Brian.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fallen.