Lauren's Reviews > A Hat Full of Sky (Discworld, #32)

A Hat Full of Sky (Discworld, #32) by Terry Pratchett

Jun 13, 12

bookshelves: addicting, cozy, faeries, fantasy, kids-book-i-read-as-an-adult, what-a-witch
Read from June 07 to 13, 2012

A Hat Full of Sky is entertaining and fun read about a young witch in training in the classic fairy style.

In the first Tiffany Aching book she rescues her little brother from the Fairy Queen and becomes the kelda of the wee free men. The macfeagle are not exactly like brownies in that if you leave them milk they won't help you do your chores. If you leave them whiskey they'll try to help but it won't be the sort of help you'd want. She realises she's a witch despite all prior claims by witches that the Chalk lands don't breed good witches on account they are too soft. This book is about her continuing education as a witch.

(view spoiler)

I loved the new stories we heard about her beloved Granny Aching. She was my favourite character in the Wee Free Men despite that she was dead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Hat Full of Sky (Discworld, #32).

06/09/2012 page 49
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna I really love this series, I do love Tiffany Aching so much. Magrat & Agnes always got on my nerves a little, in a different way for each, but in Tiffany Pratchett finally gave me an apprentice witch that I genuinely respect.

Lauren Anna wrote: "I really love this series, I do love Tiffany Aching so much. Magrat & Agnes always got on my nerves a little, in a different way for each, but in Tiffany Pratchett finally gave me an apprentice wit..."
Tiffany is my kind of heroine. She reminds me of Ramona Quimby from my childhood.